DICE Health is a focused strategic initiative of DICE Foundation led by Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS) in close collaboration with consortium universities, Industry, and government. The major objectives of DICE Health platform are:
- Arrange Annual DICE Health Mega Exhibition & Competition event to exhibit innovative ideas and research from all over the country.
- Transform concept ready ideas into commercial ready products and services.
- Capacity building by mobilization of expatriate who are experts in healthcare sector.
- Provide Pakistani businessmen and entrepreneurs in healthcare industry access to international markets, using expatriate network.
- By means of National Innovation Basket, create a Think Tank to aid TheGovernment of Pakistan in Healthcare policy making.
DICE HEALTH INNOVATION CENTER DICE:
Health Innovation Center is established in 2015 with the collaboration of DICE Foundation and Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS) with the support of consortium universities including NED University of Engineering & Technology, National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) and Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology (SSUET). The objective of the Innovation center is to transform concept ready innovations, coming from the universities in Pakistan, into implementation ready and production/market ready products and services. Each year Innovative ideas and projects will be selected from the academic centers and the project teams will be provided mentorship by the local
as well as expatriate expertise and their network to transform these ideas into commercial ready products and services.
The DICE members are actively working with APPNA (Association of Physicians of Pakistani Descent of North America) to start collaboration on various DICE health platforms. Strategic partnership with Dow Alumni Association (DOGANA) was announced in Dallas Texas this year to further collaborate on establishing a core curriculum for various medical residencies in Dow University as well as looking into improvement of emergency room processes in DOW University Hospital.
- DR. SAEED QURESHI PATRON
- DR. ZARNAZ WAHID CHAIR
- DR. KASHIF SHAFEEQ
- MR. MUHAMMAD HASSAN MALIK
- MR. MUSSAB
- MR. FAIZAN
- DR. SOHAIL HASSAN CHAIR
- DR. ADIL JAMAL AKHTER CO-CHAIR
- DR. SOHAIL RAO
- DR. ASIM MAHMOOD
- DR. MAZHER HUSSAIN
- DR. HASSAN MUMTAZ
- DR. AMNA ZEB
- DR. FURRUKH JABBAR
- DR ANZA MEMON
- DR FAIZA BHATTI
NATIONAL INNOVATION BASKET
Each year intellectuals from industry and academia are brought forward to have an analysis of problems facing various aspects of medical
industry (SWOT analysis). Last year the exercise was done in the areas of nutritional sciences and pharmaceutical industry. This year similar
activity will be done in the annual event on October 16th and 17th at the EXPO center Karachi. Objective is to provide suggestions for
betterment of health in particular field.
Short Term Projects
- Streamlining the process of providing funding to commercialization ready projects
Medium Term Projects
- Training, education, transfer of knowledge
- Recognition of DICE by APPNA
- Innovative research to address the problem of counterfeit drugs in Pakistan
Long Term Projects
- Development of research infrastructure for industry sponsored clinical trials.
- Develop innovative models to improve primary care in Pakistan.
- Increase Health care funding by the Government of Pakistan
DICE SHARKS FUNDED PROJECTS
- Self Navigation stretcher for hospitals: Funded by Dr Bari, Indus Hospital.
- Aab Peeo aur pilao. Funded by Bosch Pharmaceuticals. Mr Ferhan Chawla.
- High Calorie and high protein chocolate spread. Funded by donation from Dr Khurshid and Dr Hassan via DICE Foundation.
- Lip Balm. Funded by Dr Adil Akhtar via DICE foundation. All profits from this venture will go to the DICE foundation.