DICE Electric Car
Grow automotive industry in Pakistan to globally competitive levels by 2040.
Encourage and promote automotive related innovations throughout the country and transform them into commercial products and services; and to serve as R&D
wing for the automotive industry to help solve their technological problems.
CONSORTIUM OF UNIVERSITIES
- National University of Science and Technology (NUST),Islamabad
- National College of Arts (NCA),Lahore
- DHA Suffa University (DSU),Karachi
- Capital University of Science and Technology (CUST),Islamabad
- NED University of Engineering and Technology (NEDUET), Karachi.
ANNUAL INNOVATION EVENT
Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology (SSUET), Karachi will hold annual automotive innovation event on October 18 & 19.
FEATURED PROJECT – DEMO CAR
- One of the key initiatives of DICE Automotive Innovation center at NUST, Islamabad.
- Sub-compact segment with focus on affordability & competitive performance.
- Focus on indigenous engineering and development using methods, tools, and techniques that are in line with cutting edge international standards.
- Variant approach – conventional and electric variants using same platform.
- Faculty and students from consortium of universities working in a matrix structure with support of expatriates from US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
PHASE I: Exterior and Interior Styling concept Completed
- Team at NCA completed exterior and interior styling concept for demo car
- DICE Foundation and Najeeb Nayyer (entrepreneur and founder in Pakistan) signed an MoU on March 13, 2019 forming strategic partnership in support of Demo Car project. Under this MoU, a full-size model representative of exterior and interior styling is being developed.
PHASE II: Conventional and Electric Test Prototypes > In-Process
- Chassis components being designed and analyzed by DHA Suffa, Karachi
- Electrical subsystem and components being designed and analyzed by DHA Suffa, Karachi:
- Battery Electric Variant System design and simulation being done by NUST, Islamabad
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) models are being developed for design refinement before building test properties and fully functional prototypes.
PHASE III: Fully Functional Prototype Planned
- Fully integrated and functional prototype representative of:
- Styling – Exterior and Interior
- Features – Comfort and Convenience
- Performance – Acceleration & Speed. Ride & Handling, Noise & Vibration Based on learnings from Phase I & II prototypes.